The Lalbagh Botanical Garden is located in Bangalore. The garden was started as a private garden in 40 acres of area by Hyder Ali. Lalbagh is maintained by the horticulture department, Government of Karnataka. The garden is a beautiful green paradise with 240 acres of area. In 1856, the Lalbagh was given the status of a Government Botanical Garden and internationally renowned as centre of scientific study of plants and botanical artwork as well as conservation of plants.
The glass house is the highlight of the Lalbagh which was built by sri John Cameron. It is the platform for holding the famous biannual flower shows.The other attractions in the Lalbagh includes The bandstand, Lecture Hall, Lalbagh House, Pigeon House, Statue of Sri Chamaraja wodeyar, west gate Guard room, the directorate Building, the museum and cottage, deer paddock, aquarium building, Aviary and Kempagowda Tower .
The Lalbagh garden attracts the visitors with its beauty.The garden has a well laid out roads, pths, shade, open space, and wide variety collection of plants. Lalbagh is protected with stone walls and it has four gates. The visiting hours are from 6.00 AM to 7.00 PM.